The Blanchard Fire Department was founded in 1941 as a volunteer department and continued as such until 2008 when a full-time paid Fire Chief was hired. The current department is headed by Fire Chief Charlie Largent, who was hired in January of 2011.
Blanchard is a combination department and comprised of highly trained personnel with a Fire Chief, 3-full time employees, and 30-authorized volunteer firefighters. The Fire Department currently operates out of one station located at 106 South Monroe and is in the planning stages for a second fire station at the corner of NE 55th and Ward Acres Road. The property was purchased in 2014 for the purpose of constructing a new fire station when funds become available.
Our mission is to ensure that the Blanchard Fire Department provides the leadership, materials, and equipment necessary to ensure the best possible protection. Our dedicated firefighters are on call 24-7-365 days a year to respond to all emergencies involving fire and rescue.
122 N Main Ave Blanchard, OK 73010